Wednesday, May 23, 2007

What to do with life.....

I'm stuck in a situation where I hate my job; yet, I don't hate it enough to just get up and quit. I'm also at a point where I refuse to make anything less than what I currently make, and refuse to have a title lower. This makes looking for a new job even harder. Agencies want certain aspects that you are doing, but they want you to be doing it for 3 - 5 years. The 1 - 2 year positions are positions that are currently lower than the position I'm currently holding. What a catch 22.

So at work, it is not unbearable, but not idealistic. The more thought put into the matter, the more realization of what priorities stand on the ladder. There's always the saying, "It could be worse", which in this instance is very relative. What other place can let me casually stroll in at 10ish 1030 and leave at 6.

So what is the provocation of all this. A coworker of mine who started a month and a half after I did received his 6-month review today. I've been promised a review since last month, yet to no avail. I am not saying that his review is undeserved. It is very much so deserved. He works hard, and I'm happy for his achievement; yet, looking at where I stand, I hate be given these empty promises.

Sticking it out for now, but hopefully something good will start coming my way. I'll keep you guys posted.

No comments: