i was reading some previous posts...
i too voted for obama..
but all i'm getting now is disappointment and a wilting hope.
that plane incident with the underwear bomber was scary.. i didn't hear about until i was on the plane at a stopover in el paso, texas. The passenger next to me had a local newspaper and was chatting about it with the other passenger. i was thinking.. whhhaaat?? and ohh great.. more to add to my fear of flying.
Why am i afraid?
Well first of all.. if anything were to happen --(you never know)... you really can't do anything.. you're in the air.. like high up.. or whatever is below you, chances are.. is not going to be some nice cushion you can just happen to safely land on. I don't even know how to jump out of the stupid plane. You're pretty screwed if something happens on a plane. If you're in a car, at least you can try to get out. If you're in a boat, at least there's a chance to use the little row boat or use the life vest and hopefully someone will come rescue. The plane.. can happen in an instant.
Also, terrorist attack.. after 9/11.. I was really scared. And really sad when I thought, dude.. what would I have done or what would I have personally witnessed on the plane.. or what would have been my final thoughts and actions as I knew I was plunging into death sooner or later. Um, I can barely even move in my seat to go to the bathroom... I can't imagine toppling over ppl..trying to go where?? :(
No thanks. I do not want to be in that situation as much as possible.
Sorry Dolly, I know you fly a lot too. I also cannot stand turbulence for fear that the plane can break into pieces if we so happen to just enter a crazy storm. Stupid what ifs.
My What IFs drive me nuts.
I'm tired. But those are my thoughts. It's also way past my bed time and I don't want to go to work. BLAH.
2 comments:
I feel you Nana, I feel you! However "que sera sera". I've learn to come to acceptance. If it's bound to happen it will, I mean so many planes take flight each day, why that particular one? No one knows, were ALL those people on board destined to go, or was it the one person's destiny on the plane that changed the fate of others? That we'll never know, that's life, and sometimes no reason is not a justification, but sometimes that is a reason enough.
You're right.. what will be will be. I should not worry so much about it. I tell myself on the plane.. and then when turbulence strikes.. I freak all over again. haha. it's really lame.
Post a Comment