Monday, September 10, 2007

Feeling old

I think I'm at a point where I'm starting to feel old. Not because I'm turning 25, but more the fact of my surroundings. Ever notice what your conversation topics have become. First it's usually bitching about work. Second, usually is news about who's married, who has kids, etc. Life revolves around fewer and fewer things as you get older. I don't know if thats a good thing or not. I actually enjoyed juggling school, work, friends, pco stuff, dsp stuff, sleep. I guess with more and more people getting married, or even settling down, it's hard to feel like there's so much time to try to accomplish everything that you want to. I mean, age wise, we're still young, but looking at the outlook of the next 25 years, for me, I see repetitiveness. I guess when you're young, you have things to look forward to, ie driving, being able to go buy the lotto, being able to drink and gamble in vegas. Now, it's "oh shit, i'm going to be 30 soon". Not the greatest feeling in the world. haha. Ok, enough rambling from me.

2 comments:

Skit tow said...

that is soooo sad but true...
i feel like the days of spontaneity and craziness are over. You should see the way I live in Taipei. You'll wonder if I've turned into a big eggplant or something. I guess sometimes change is good until you turn and your back cracks 50 times like bubble wrap.
The saddest part is I'm starting to see the validity of my parents' statements that if you walk out of life with a handful of true friends then you're really lucky. With the bungeps I have almost two handfuls and I'm truly grateful. OR how "life is not fair" I mean in school we could argue for that extra point but that's not the case once you graduate. *sigh* it's okay. Just moving onto the next stage and although I hated the change in the beginning, I hope it'll be good for us and soon we'll be planning bingo games. LOL.
Miss you guys all a lot ... always.

D. Mummy said...

Crack like bubble wrap, true that, before we know it, we'll be the ones that are bringing people under 21 into D&Bs.

With school at least there were the different courses in which you could take every quarter, a nice little change, but... after college and all that, changes are quite major ones.

What doesn't kill us makes us stronger, and I know unless I know the next step will help me grow with experiences, I'll be sticking to what I have now, but at the same time, look for ways to better my knowledge.